Thursday, September 23, 2010

Feels like I'm home again

Well, we're all officially moved and probably 90% settled in the new house. The kitchen is painted and decorated (thanks for the help, Mom!), curtains are hanging, and most of the boxes are gone. Our bedroom is still in shambles mostly because we're in need of another dresser - just a few piles of clothes and shoes on the floor, nothing exciting - but aside from that, I'm finally feeling like I can sit and relax while Sadie is napping instead of attacking some other part of the settling process.

This neighborhood is really nice. It took me a while to get used to the traffic (we're on kind of a busy road), but there's a lot within walking distance in every direction. Sadie and I have spent some time getting the lay of the land here - which of course includes finding playgrounds close by. We've found a couple really nice ones so far and one of them has the highest slides I've ever seen. My brave little girl hikes all the way to the top and comes crash-banging down the tunnel slides like an old pro, laughing all the way. I've also found a couple nice consignment shops (got some fall stuff for the short one!) and a super-fabulous ice cream place just up the road.

All in all, we're loving the house. Aside from the psycho squirrel a couple weeks ago (long story, ask me later), we've had a great time here so far. We even tried out the fire pit in the backyard - we did up smores and everything!

Here's a few from the last couple weeks...

last bath in the apartment
Sadie and I took the last load of stuff out and turned in our keys on September 2. Last shot of our feet before we left...


This is Sadie's idea of helping Mommy clean...
The new poncho from Gramma Bonnie is great for chilly days when you just have to go outside and color with sidewalk chalk.

No comments: