Thursday, July 8, 2010

Home again, home again...





I'm finally caught up on all the laundry and putting away of all the miscellaneous things accumulated from camp! It was an awesome week and really a blessing to be able to serve God in something that's "work" but not, all at the same time. I spent the week at Lake Louise which is way the heck up north, just down the road from The Whippy Dip - yup, it's still there! - and a good 20 minute drive to the nearest Starbucks (I just counted three on the same intersection about a mile from our apartment... weird).

It was an all-around great experience and I was much more prepared mentally than I felt like I was last year. Aside from my cabin being borderline - okay, completely - out of control, I think I did a pretty good job. Next year I will plan to pack more warm clothes, less makeup, and a coffee pot.

On the 4th of July, we hung out with some friends and watched the fireworks in East GR. Sadie was a riot! She loved the noise. She started yelling "boom!" and "wow!" and was trying to blow out the sparklers daddy got her.

Now that I'm back home again, I'm just noticing more and more how much Sadie is growing up. She will be 2 years old in just over 3 weeks and I'm amazed how many words she's saying! She's pretty hilarious and she loves to do whatever mommy is doing. This morning she saw me shaving my legs in the sink and she managed to put shaving cream on her legs and face.

Having fun being a momma.

No comments: